Sunday, December 4, 2016

A trance night out


I've been into many domains of music in my life from the sounds of pain in emo and screamo music to the tasteful and refined sounds of classical music. In the last three years I really gotten into Electronic Dance Music (EDM). There is a need to make some clarification about the genre, the main set is called EDM which breaks down into other subsets like trance, psytrance, goatrance, techno, hardstyle, trap, and so on. Each subset has it's own culture. In this post I'm diving more into the Trance rabbit hole, as noted in my title. I'm not seasoned, I'm not an expert. Just someone who enjoys the good vibes.

In the past year many of the events related to Trance  I've attended took place in Brooklyn. Conveniently, a nice drive from Jersey if there is no construction and if you beat rush hour. In Williamsburg, a hub of hipster creatives and the subset of alternative lifestyles. It's a perfect place for such events. Filled with empty warehouses waiting to be impregnated with hypnotic tunes, the convenience of bars walking distance from each other, and the heavily graffitied streets. It's a night to take in and enjoy.


Last night, Aly and Fila played in the area and it was a pleasant and intimate venue. The last time I listened to them play was at Future Sounds of Egypt in New York. The 8 hour set was wonderful, I did not have the stamina to last the full set. The music ranged from melodic to foot stomping beats. Before heading to the venue, I grabbed some drinks from "The Wells" a spacious bar with outdoor seating. It had the vibe of a beer garden, but was quiet for a Friday night. The outdoor region was decorated with lights and graffiti. Drinks range from moderate pricing to high end pricing. I had a shot of tequila and Tiki punch a drink special they had which totaled to about 20 bucks. Not that cost efficient, but enjoyable. Around the area I was in, I was reminded of the other events I attended over the years and the memories I've made. I was solo for about two years, meeting with new faces. This time around I was able to share it with a new love who enjoys my tastes. Sharing it with someone I really care about add even more to the experience.

Oh! Before I forget. For eats, I was looking for a place with fish taco. I was really craving them after having them a while ago. It was hard to find parking and I eventually was able to find a random spot called "Yola's Cafe Mexican Food" it's not to far from Union ave. The food and pricing were very reasonable. I ended up getting shrimp quesedilla and for my other party he got chicken and chorizo fajitas which were only 4$! It was so worth the walking and getting super grumpy from walking around.

No comments:

Post a Comment