Sunday, January 1, 2017

Paper Factory Hotel NYE

For NYE the Paper Factory Hotel housed an event by Junxion. Junxion is a community of creatives from New York dedicated to music, the art, and good vibes with the association of the Burning Man flow. Though this creative establishment fosters the sense of community, to be in the network it's rather exclusive to other demographics that I will not mention. 

The event had 5 rooms with various types of music from deep house, some tropical bass music, and other domains of music with the electronic twist. The music was wonderful and the performances. However, the number of tickets sold and the space was so wrong. I know that many places that sell "Foster community" and "We are creatives deviating from social norms" it is still a business with a different marketing vantage for a business. I may be wrong but this is how I personally feel at the emotional and logical level. Money to fund people's lives, to fund the owners, and to fund future events they are all valid points to why so many tickets were sold yet it's not an excuse to let the place pack up so much where it's very uncomfortable. The saying quality over quantity is so relevant to this event. Overall I enjoyed myself ringing the new year with someone I love. If you are ever in the need for a good party in the NYC and Brooklyn area I do recommend Junxion.


No comments:

Post a Comment