Friday, January 20, 2017

Holy Ship 9.0 and Nassau, Bahamas

From January 10 to the 14 I embarked on the Norwegian Cruise Line Epic for Holy Ship 9.0. An Electronic Dance Music Cruise filled with good vibes for like minded music lovers. The cruise hosted artist such as Fatboy Slim, Golf Clap, Slow Magic, and Dita von Teese, and others. The cruise line was grand and beautiful as for the beaches in the Bahamas, clear as glass. The ship was suppose to land at a private island, however due to weather conditions the party continued on the boat.

With every EDM concert there will be the usage of substances, which can make or break the vibes. So party wisely and responsibly. Do not go to the island for drugs. For now I have photos, but in a bit there will be a special treat.

Before leaving for Holy Ship I spend two day at Cocoa Beach less than 5 miles from departure at Cape Canaveral, FL. I stayed at the International Palm Hotel and by coincidence the pre parties were hosted by this hotel. I payed about 30 $ total to participate in Holystrip, a bar crawl with a twist. A shuttle transported guests from two location in which were strip clubs. So as a female, it was my first encounter at such a place. I'm rather open minded and with my boyfriend we enjoyed the night. I ended up getting the most attention because if there are females at the clubs, attention to them can lead to more money on the dance floor.  The next day followed strolls on the beach, a pool side party, and meeting new people.

On departure day people were chugging drinks before they hit the boat. There is a lack of content on my part because honestly I wanted to have fun and not worry about getting a good shot. But I got some stuff in. I"m working on a video, but I feel like writing my post first, so let's get down to business.

The cruise line was more expensive in regards to service compared Carnival line. Drinks ranged from 6 to 15 on average. There was a drink deal, 13 drinks for about 125$. Doing the math you are only getting one free drink. The pools at the boat were closed to make room for the Djs and there was some maintenance occurring because right after this cruise was a normal cruise adventure.  The cleaning day after was amazing I have to say. With the damages of people raging, the clean up was as if nothing even happened. The staff were friendly and the food was amazing. The quality of the cruise did go beyond my expectations.

At the Island of course I'd be bombarded by people trying to sell their service. With my prior international travel I easily manage myself. I managed to reach the free beach which was a 15 minute walk from the port. Many people congregated from the ship to that area to set their own party. Drinks were amazingly priced, unlimited drinks for about 20 USD. The water was beauty and I was able to get some color from the sun.

Back to the party, it's important to pace yourself and you know people will do what they want. People have different intentions from trying to get laid or doing as much drugs as they want. I met alot of people like that, however I went on the cruise to enjoy with my boyfriend, but most importantly enjoy good music and express myself as a person. If that attracts like minded people thus let it be. I may have missed my chances to connect with some very awesome people due to my shy nature. But I know there are many chances to connect with amazing people. This cruise was a big step outside my comfort zone and I'm grateful to have a chance to experience such a trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment