Saturday, December 24, 2016

Winter at The Lobster Place in Chelsea Market and Eco at Cielo, The Wolves Experience 6 Hour Trance Set


Chelsea Market

I was browsing Facebook for something to do this weekend and I came across an event at Cielo in which Eco was playing. He's a Jersey City based Trance artist I think. I accidentally found him on Soundcloud awhile back and it was awesome he was playing at Cielo. I really like the beats he creates. This time around I drove into the city because by the time I got out of the club the trains back to Jersey stop running. I found parking near Chelsea Market and the Highline. I use to often hang around the area, so it was pleasant to go back during this time of year. 
First in line was food! Chelsea Market was the destination of choice because of the options. I was feeling something on the semi-healthy side after a week of not having fresh veggies at home. I decided to visit two locations Takumi Taco and Cull and Pistol . At Takumi it was fish tacos as the point of interest. They have a Bento Box special which includes 2 tacos of your choice and a side at about 12$. They have an array of options from adobe spiced meat to fresh cut tuna. I ended up getting the Spicy Tuna Tacos that contain sashimi grade big eye tuna, fresh avocado, and radish in a spicy mayo sauce. The side dish was Charred Corn Salad with kale, corn, shisito peppers, tomato, radish, edamame, brussels sprouts, and napa/rad cabbage all in a miso vinaigrette. Man, it was good. Before that I was at The Lobster Place, a fish market in where you can get prepared lobster, sashimi, and other seafood delicacies of your wishes. I know it's a market for food but the mass consumption of seafood by a particular group of people freaks me out because they just eat and eat voraciously despite never looking unpleasant. I get a great negative visceral reaction when I watch them eat, so I tried my best to look away. 


I really enjoy looking around seafood market and observe different species of aquatic life being prepped for consumption. I made my way to the Cull and Pistol kiosk, located in the back of the market to get some Salmon Poke, oh yes. It would be the first I have poke and I was so excited. I waited longer then most people because the cooks forgot about my order, however they gave me a free cookie for waiting so patiently. They cooks were really nice, with big smiles and that's something I enjoy when I interact with anyone. The Poke bowl was fresh with a homemade sauce, sushi rice, some dried seaweed, radish, and edamame. I in my happy place and adding some more soy sauce just topped the poke experience.

Chelsea Market is the place for anyone who wants to go on an unique food adventure. The location contains thai food, fresh noodles, mexican, fusion, wine and beer shops, and so really good desert shop. If you are in the city and want to eat it all, come to this place.


Biergarten at the Standard/Highline, Cielo, and Pizza

After eating a bit, I walked around the Chelsea area which moves into the Meatpacking District. The area tends to be on the higher end with shopping and artwork. It's a fashionable place and so nice to look around at night. In the area you can go up to the Highline which contains different art installations during the year and various plants and events. Once you hit the end you are greeted by the Whitney Museum, The Standard Hotel, and below the Biergarten. This establishment is a hall where you can merrily drink with friends. You pay 9$ for ticket and you can get a boot of beer or something to eat like some Bratwerst or large Pretzels. During the winter it's close in so you stay warm.
Looking street side of Biergarten, if you go down to the right you find a few bars and to you left will be Cielo, an intimate nightclub for your dancing pleasure. The cost of the event this time around was about 10$, such a steal. The place was not to crowded. 
After that was late night pizza, at of course Artichoke Basille. This time around was the Chelsea location where you can sit down to enjoy pizza and a few drinks. Because it was late night they have a security guards to make sure no drunk idiots mess up the night. If you are respectful and in the right state of mind, they are very nice and extremely accommodating. Because of this location I was able to order the sampler set, 3 slices of your choice at 18$.  I opted for the white, vodka sauce, and the classic artichoke. It was a nice note to end the night in. 

I hope you have a great Christmas eve and day filled with food, music, friends, and family. Till the next adventure! 

















No comments:

Post a Comment